How can employers get involved?
The top concern of Virginia businesses surveyed is access to necessary talent. Virginia TOP seeks to solve this problem by:
- Providing access to high achieving, interested, and invested students
- Kick-starting the recruitment process for future talent needs
- Enhancing relationships with local higher ed for access to talent
- Highlighting skills in demand to a particular business or industry as part of school curriculum
- Emboldening students to live and work in Virginia after graduation
As a Virginia employer, there are a variety of things you can do to get participate in Virginia TOP, such as:
- Utilizing our Employer Toolkit to create work-based learning opportunities
- Better connecting and partnering with chambers, associations, higher ed institutions, and students across the Commonwealth
Virginia Employer Readiness Toolkit
Virginia TOP’s Virginia Employer Readiness Toolkit serves as a guide for employers across the Commonwealth to either improve their current work-based learning program or launch a new program. Please click here to download the toolkit.
Have additional questions?
Virginia TOP has developed a list of frequently asked questions about a variety of topics. Visit our FAQ page to learn more.